Tourist attractions - Vaslui

„Saint Nicholas” Wooden Church of the former Cârtibasii Hermitage, Cârtibasi Village, Bogdanita Commune
 
 

 

„Saint Nicholas” Wooden Church of the former Cârţibaşii Hermitage, Cârţibaşi Village, Bogdăniţa Commune, Vaslui County (code LMI 2004: cod VS-II-m-A-06777)

 

 

It was built in 1833 by the cupbearer Gheorghe Oprişan and his wife Ruxanda (daughter of the great mandarin Mihalache Cerchez), on the place of the old church of the hermitage from 1753 built at the initiative of priest Ştefan Bostaca, with the help of the yeomen and the boyars Pălădeşti, Buciumăneşti and Cornii. It is located in the south – west of the village, up on a hill (about 1 km), surrounded by the cemetery. The iconostasis from the old church, painted by Dumitrache Popescu from Costeşti (1810) and the doors painted by Dima the Painter (1770), were donated to „The Transfiguration of Our Lord” Church from Similişoara village, Bogdana Commune, which was built by the parish during 1841-1845 with the help of the mandarin Gheorghe Oprişan.

 

In order to maintain the 24 monks, in 1837 and 1848, the hermitage was endowed by the founder and his squire Nicolae Ţiple, his relative, with parts of the domains of Tunseştii, Coroeştii and Vlădeştii from Tutova County. Former branch of the Bishopric of Roman, the hermitage was dissolved after 1863 and the church became a parish

 

It is remarked through the technical realization, the execution accuracy of the folk master, the harmony of the volumes, the interior space and the vaulting system that imitates the wall architecture.

 

A three–apse plan church, with polygonal apses, 5 sides, spire on the aisle and threshold with opening to the west. Built from oak drift mandrels assembled in “straight and flint loops”, on stone and wooden foundation, four apse roof, and long apex arch. On the interior, on the pro-aisle, aisle and altar, it has polygonal vaults of carved, crenellated oak assembled with artistry and semi-domes on the lateral apses. There should be remarked the richly shaped pillars of the threshold and between the aisle and the pro-aisle.  During 1927-1928, the facades were covered with shingle by the master Iancu Mocanu from Chiţoc-Vaslui. The religious inscription with Cyrillic letters and the oak door with epoch ironware fittings keep their authenticity. It shelters epoch proofs (icons painted by the painter Dumitrache Popescu, the iconostasis, the rood loft, the books with notes and bells inscriptions of the founders). In front of the church, in the cemetery, there are two funerary stones of the founder families with Cyrillic inscriptions.

Pentru informaţii despre celelalte programe finanţate de Uniunea Europeană în România, cât şi pentru informaţii detaliate privind aderarea României la Uniunea Europeană, vă invităm să vizitaţi adresa web a Centrului de Informare al Comisiei Europene in Romania.
Acest site web nu reprezintă în mod necesar poziţia oficială a Comisiei Europene. Întreaga răspundere asupra corectitudinii şi coerenţei informaţiilor prezentate revine iniţiatorilor site-ului web.