Tourist attractions - Leova



Two touristic routes:   


1.      The touristic route: Borogani - Tigheci - Baius - Sarata-Noua - Cazangic.

2.      The touristic route: Leova - Sarata - Rezesi - Tomai.


1.The touristic route: Borogani - Tigheci - Baiuş - Sarata-Noua - Cazangic.


Borogani village is one of the oldest villages in the county.


Nearby the Culture House there is a funerary stone, where members of the Danco family (the priest Danco, his wife and daughter), originary from the commune Saliste, Sibiu County, dated back in 1903, are buried.


In the location of the Culture House there is the history and etnography museum - the total number of the patrimony pieces is 980. Annually, the museum id visited by 1560 excursionists. It is in barter with the Astra Museum, in Sibiu. Trips can be organized on the touristic places and the museums surrounding Sibiu.


In this place, too, on the second floor, there is the big house arranged, that has a rich collection of national objects. The arrangement of the location is connected to the traditions and customs of the village.


The place has a church bearing the name „St. Voevodes Archangels Michael and Gabriel” Church. In 1990 the place was consecrated and the foundation stone was layed in by the Metropolitan Vladimir, with the participation of the priests of the Republic of Moldova. The church is built after the Slavonic projects, with national elements and roman-gothic architecture. Inside the church there is the new iconostasis, unique in the southern part of Moldova.


On the territory of the village there is the monument in memory of the soldiers killed during the WWII.


The Tigheci Commune - the locality is bordered by the Tigheci forests.


In the Tigheci forest there is un place called „Cetatuia Cociulia”, where in the old days there was a Geto-Dacian stronghold.


The village museum lies in the precincts of the mansion of the boyar Buicliu (beginning of the 19th century). The Buicliu family is buried on the territory of the church, the graves are taken care of by both the locals and the boyar family's relatives, established in Switzerland, USA or France.


The village museum is visited annually by 1700 excursionists, from both the country and abroad (Switzerland, France).


The museum has two compartments of history and ethnography, has a rich collection of old objects and national patrimony. Here is the church having the celebration day „St.Nicholas”. The church was built in 1990. Inside the church there are icons of Moldavian origin, having old inscriptions.


On the territory of the locality there is a monument in memory of the soldiers killed during the WWII.


Baius - the locality borders the forest and the Hirtop commune.


In the forest of Hirtop functioned a children camp. In this forest there are also many glades, rich in vegetation and plants that could be of any interes for tourists, as a rest halt.


Sarata-Noua - disposes of a rest zone, „The hunter's house”, with housing places for 10 persons, table service place, terrace, loc de servire a mesei, terasă, pavilions, handicraft center (wood processing, osier), boar and pheasant farm.


Cazangic - on the route, in the direction of the village of Cazangic there is the „La Izvor” restaurant.


2.Touristic route: Leova - Sarata-Rezesi - Tomai


Leova - the city id placed on the shore of Prut.


Leova hosts the archeology monument „Valul lui Troian”, 1450 meters in length (on the territory of the city) and stretches toward the localities Filipeni, Cupcui, Seliste, Troian, Sarata-Noua, Cimpul Drept.


In the vicinity of the city there is the „Buzgana”(The White swan) zone created in June 1998 by the Law „concerning the fond of the natural areals protected by the state”. Here grow many rare meadow plants, protected by the law.


In the city there are a few monuments, the most notorious being: The Monument in Memory of the Soldiers Killed during the WWII, Vladimir Vatlin - first tankman who delivered the city, the sculpture „Petru and Ion Teodorovici, the busts of Mihai Eminescu and Ştefan cel Mare”.


The history and ethnography muzeum is visited annually by 7000 excursionists, having a patrimony constituted of 10.555 exhibited objects. The institution has 2 exhibition halls:


1.      History of Leova County.

2.      Leova - contemporary.


Monument of nature: Centennial oak - protected by the law.


Housing : at the hotel, Individual Enterprise Sergiu Timos - 15 places.


Table service places: Individual Enterprise „Cobzac” (caffee-room-bar, sauna), The „Miraj” Restaurant, Prut, Individual Enterprise „Vlah”, Pizza „Cassad”.


Loisir places: Club inside the „Miraj” Restaurant, County Culture House, sport terrains, City Stadion, sport hall of the „Nicolae Spătaru” Hish School (Fitness-club), training hall for „Judo”.


Sarata - Razesi - the humid zone „Lapusnita” has a surface of 168 ha.


The terrain is administered by the Iargara State Enterprise for silviculture.


The zone is afforest, part of it being covered in water, because of the river „Lapusnita” that looping flows into the Prut.Thus, here exist birds such as: ducks, coots, storks.


In this rest zone, there are huts for sheltering, and those passionate for fishing have free access.


On the territory of the village Tomai there is the „St. Archangels Michael and Gabriel” Church, built in 1895 in Russian style. To the construction of the church participated masters of Italy (Acherman). In the old documents it is mentioned that half of the church is a monastery.


The village museum has a patrimony of 453 objects. Because it is palced in the precincts of the mayoralty, it is annually visited by around 2000 excursionists.


In the center of the village there is the monument in memory of the soldiers killed during the WWII.


Saratica-Noua shelters the church does has „St. Nicholas” as titular saint, built of wood in 1903. Destroyed in the Soviet era, it was rebuilt in 1995 with the aid of the community. It has been operational since 1996.


On the territory of the church there is the „Wonder-spring”, whose water is used for consecration. In charge of the church is reverend Gheorghi. On Wednesdays and Fridays mases for the ill are celebrated.


There are many housing places on the territory of the church.


Pentru informaţii despre celelalte programe finanţate de Uniunea Europeană īn Romānia, cāt şi pentru informaţii detaliate privind aderarea Romāniei la Uniunea Europeană, vă invităm să vizitaţi adresa web a Centrului de Informare al Comisiei Europene in Romania.
Acest site web nu reprezintă īn mod necesar poziţia oficială a Comisiei Europene. Īntreaga răspundere asupra corectitudinii şi coerenţei informaţiilor prezentate revine iniţiatorilor site-ului web.